Who can benefit from Feldenkrais?
The Feldenkrais Method is incredibly effective for people with pain and stiffness, injuries and debilitating physical conditions. But it has also been used with great success by athletes, performers, office workers, labourers, the elderly, children, pregnant women, people with disabilities, people in psychological need, people interested in personal growth, and ordinary people just like you!
Feldenkrais can help YOU to:
Build a better body
- reduce pain (eg back, neck, knee, shoulder, hip pain)
- move more easily and freely
- develop better posture
- increase flexibility
- find more comfort in everyday activities (eg sitting, bending, walking, gardening, vacuuming)
- recover from injuries
- rehabilitate after a stroke
- improve neurological conditions
- recover from musculoskeletal disorders
- rehabilitate after surgery
- get relief from fibromyalgia and chronic pain conditions
- make childbirth more easeful
- reduce teeth grinding and TMJ problems;
- perform better in sports (eg running, tennis, golf, swimming)
- improve singing, acting and dancing
Make everyday life easier
- sleep more easily
- relax and de-stress
- sit more comfortably at your desk
- Do physical activities without injury (eg building, gardening, renovating etc)
Sharpen your mind
- overcome learning difficulties
- improve memory and concentration
Reverse the ageing process
- regain lost agility and flexibility
- reverse your stooping posture
- resume your favourite old activities
- regain your mental functioning
- move once again with the joy of a child
- look and feel younger!
Get more out of your other programs
- Become more flexible so you get more out of your yoga class
- Build more muscle at the gym with less effort
- Reduce injuries while exercising
- Enhance your meditation practice by learning meditation in motion
- Bring more body awareness to your pilates sessions
- Learn to run and jump with greater ease and see your cardio fitness skyrocket!
Feel better within yourself
- conquer depression and anxiety
- boost your self esteem
- free up your breathing
- reduce stress
- slow down your lifestyle
- enhance your personal growth
- awaken new possibilities of behaving/thinking/feeling
- believe more in yourself
- start to live your dreams!
As you have seen above, the Feldenkrais Method can help with almost any problem relating to the body, the mind or the emotions.
How is this possible? Click here to find out!
If you live in Melbourne Australia, find out about where you can try a Feldenkrais class.